Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tribute to mummy

A child was bornt in one evening 24 years ago. You said I took you the longest to deliver as I am your first born. I thank you for underwent so much pain to deliver me.

When it came to the anniversaries of my birthday, you cooked, prepared and got yourself in all the clean and wash ups just for me to invite my friends to the parties. I never bother to ask if you needed helps.

I remember you tailored me a dress with three quarter sleeve where grandma said I looked old on that. I should not have complained but to appreciate you. Thank you for tailoring me so many new dresses on each occasion.

You enrolled me to many courses, hoping that I can be somebody skillful one day. I’m sorry I did not appreciate and waste your money and thought. If I would turn back time I would learn it from the very beginning with efforts.

When I was in primary school, I was always grateful that I could see you bringing me food during recess time. Thank you for coming to the school, sending and picking me daily regardless of sun or rain.

I threw tantrum and ran away from home when I was ten. You found me in the playground opposite our house then pinched me on my ear and scolded me. I’m sorry I should not have made you worry.

I tried to fight with you using hanger where you canned me terribly to bruises when I was thirteen. I knew you put lotion on me that night when I was sleeping. Sorry mummy for being so rebellious.

When I was Form 3, I was blessed to have home cooked meal ready for lunch everyday I came back from school. I miss the "zai er" you fried. I haven’t even said a “Thank you” yet.

It was towards the end of Form 3 where you had to leave Malaysia. I knew it wasn’t an easy decision you made. We didn’t send you off, you must have gone all alone in tears. We too, were missing you dearly in tears.

You asked me to take good care of brothers and sisters. I did mummy! But it’s after you left only I realized how difficult it was looking after us and managing a house. Thank you for being so patient with us through out these years without a word of complains.

I had a bad news regarding you to break on the phone 4 years back. I was really sad but you were strong enough to comfort me. I could hardly say anything but sob. I am grateful for a strong mother like you.

You were suspecting a growth in your body and told no one but me. I remembered you in prayers and knew Father God would definitely protect you. Do take care of your health always.

When I failed my exams and felt sorry to disappoint you, you were the one encouraging me, saying you were proud as I’d given my best. Thanks mummy for being understanding. I will continuously give my best and honour you one day.

I had acne attack and you were concerned to buy me cosmetic products and supplements all the way from New York. You called me regularly to check if my pimples got any better. I was touched and couldn’t say enough thank you for being such a caring mum.

I receive a birthday card from you yearly without fail. It was always lovely to read back the messages you wrote. Thank you mummy.

You were buying and transporting too much stuff to us and got scolded by dad. I agreed the money could be put in better use but I appreciate it as a way of expressing your love. Thanks mummy, for the things you bought for us.
.
When you had troubles in the place far away, you kept saying you were fine but I knew it all from aunty. Mummy we've all grown up and would really like to share your burdens with you. Do tell us how you've been right there.

Mummy, it is never easy to be a mother of five and underwent so much of hardships. Thanks for raising us up and never gave up on us in spite of all circumstances. I pray God will guard you with His peace and grant you good health. As a promise, I will study hard and in the future, to share the joy of graduation with you. Thanks mummy, for everything you have done. You're always in my heart. Love and miss you so much, Happy Mother’s Day!

7 comments:

Pauline Pan said...

Will ur mum read this?

I donno...I was really touched after I read this.I never knw bout all this.

I never knw how to really apprecitate all this.I should do so.

Ahhh....stay strong always !

Ching Mun said...

I gave her the site and asked her to. She will one day! Yes, appreciate all you have, at least a wish of "Happy Mother's Day". I'm sure your mum will feel glad :)

Yes, stay strong always!

Kiwi-Bird said...

Wah, I miss my mum too.. Was touched when ur mum put lotion on you after beaten you. Ppl said when parents beat children, their hearts are more painful than the wound of child itself. I only understand that after I have to beat my dog.. aih..

anyway, you are still lucky =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sharing. :-)

Anonymous said...

We are always children in our mother's eyes, no matter what we do! Mother's love will always be the greatest gift in our lives. Happy mother's day.

kiwi-bird: don't abuse your dog.

Kiwi-Bird said...

CK, if next time u have a kid, and he is naughty, will u beat him? Is That Call Abuse?????

I HAVE TO beat my dog, not that I want to!

Ernest said...

ur really tough in ur younger days la.. and still is today!:)
really touching sharing there..
have fun in GP posting