Another problem settled! I am going on General Practitioner attachment for a week to a clinic 10 minutes drive from my house. Yeah! Got a clinic finally after a total hunt of 3 times! I am home in KL, but it defeated the purpose as my sister will be leaving earlier than scheduled for study to Genting Inti tomorrow. I’ll be home alone still. Going to loss one person that I can talk to back home :(
Thank God that I’ve finally found a clinic to attach myself this afternoon. It has been irking when everyone in my group has got theirs and calmly submitted their doctors and clinics’ names where I would not be able to find any till I am back home myself which will be a real last minute work.
Intended to get one as near to my house as possible, I spotted one clinic with quite a number of patients and good flexible working hours that night itself. The receptionist suggested me to come again the next morning as the doctor might not be free to talk to me. The clinic was crowded in the morning too. Same thing was told to me by another person, which was a tad discouraging. The receptionist was reluctant to even inform the doctor regarding my existence, let alone my request being approved. I left the introduction letter and contact number, and disappointedly went to look for another one.
This time I chose a less busy clinic. As I mentioned, a “less busy” clinic means the doctor was quite free to read the introduction letter and immediately approved my request. I appreciate his willingness and his kind suggestion of looking for another busier clinic that I may have chance to learn more. His place welcomes me anytime if I really fail to look for a good one. I was suggested a few nearby busier clinics, too. With the warm regards, I picked up the courage and continued to look for the next one.
The third clinic now, a rather busy one. Gathered from the previous experiences, I photocopied few more introduction letters. Had a feeling of looking for job and going for interview instead. I approached the receptionist, handed her the letter, and told her I would be waiting. She gave me a number and I waited together with many other patients. Hmm, seven more patients to go before it was my turn. Fair enough, I waited for about an hour before I got to speak to the doctor. He agreed to take me! Thank God for this thoughtful and friendly doctor. He first located me a logistic place of where should I be during his clinic session. He decided to shift his trolley away and get me a small table facing the patient. He also told me about his patient flow and what the days that I can learn more are.
Am looking forward now. Hope to learn more during this period of time and revise on the common presented cases simultaneously. I am relieved. Thank You Lord.
Thank God that I’ve finally found a clinic to attach myself this afternoon. It has been irking when everyone in my group has got theirs and calmly submitted their doctors and clinics’ names where I would not be able to find any till I am back home myself which will be a real last minute work.
Intended to get one as near to my house as possible, I spotted one clinic with quite a number of patients and good flexible working hours that night itself. The receptionist suggested me to come again the next morning as the doctor might not be free to talk to me. The clinic was crowded in the morning too. Same thing was told to me by another person, which was a tad discouraging. The receptionist was reluctant to even inform the doctor regarding my existence, let alone my request being approved. I left the introduction letter and contact number, and disappointedly went to look for another one.
This time I chose a less busy clinic. As I mentioned, a “less busy” clinic means the doctor was quite free to read the introduction letter and immediately approved my request. I appreciate his willingness and his kind suggestion of looking for another busier clinic that I may have chance to learn more. His place welcomes me anytime if I really fail to look for a good one. I was suggested a few nearby busier clinics, too. With the warm regards, I picked up the courage and continued to look for the next one.
The third clinic now, a rather busy one. Gathered from the previous experiences, I photocopied few more introduction letters. Had a feeling of looking for job and going for interview instead. I approached the receptionist, handed her the letter, and told her I would be waiting. She gave me a number and I waited together with many other patients. Hmm, seven more patients to go before it was my turn. Fair enough, I waited for about an hour before I got to speak to the doctor. He agreed to take me! Thank God for this thoughtful and friendly doctor. He first located me a logistic place of where should I be during his clinic session. He decided to shift his trolley away and get me a small table facing the patient. He also told me about his patient flow and what the days that I can learn more are.
Am looking forward now. Hope to learn more during this period of time and revise on the common presented cases simultaneously. I am relieved. Thank You Lord.
2 comments:
Am glad that...you desire to learn more...which is really good.
Dear,please gambateh in ur study :)
Yes Pauline, will give my best! Thanks :)
Post a Comment