Thursday, April 3, 2008

The break in

Yesterday, 6.30am.
.
I was not waken up by my alarm clock as usual. My room mate came into the room, uttered:
.
"The wooden door downstair was opened, the drawers in living rooms were in mess!"
.
Another room mate and I got up immediately, groggily went downstairs. We paused for a while, mind went blank. True enough, we had a house break in. One of my housemates whose valuebles were left in the living room were all gone in a night. We didn't go to the hospital that day. Spent our day calling, travelling to the police station and bank. That day was more tiring than any other days.
.
Really thank God that the robbers didn't invade our rooms. Everyone is safe. However, we no longer feel secure. A lot more precautions are taken. Small little things like a missing slipper could easily trigger the thought of another robbery. Everyone seems to be so anxious.
.
Before dawn today while everyone was still asleep. I noticed the ceiling fan stop spinning. Sleepiness stopped me from getting up to find out the reason why. It was termination of power supply most probably. When we talked about it in the morning, the same thought inevitabily crossed our minds.
.
"What if the robbers switch off the main power supply and come into our rooms? What can we do then?" I asked.
.
And to answer it myself, I'm not sure if I'll stay as calm as I'm now. I will probably call onto God, dial 999 and scream as loud as I can with my room mates. What will you do?
.
I feel for my housemates. It's not the robbers that worry me but how unpeaceful they sound. My housemate handled her lost well, strong enough to set aside negative emotions. However, she is no longer as bubbly. A tad anhedonic which is tolerable. This marks a full stop to her pleasant trip here in KK. Being verbally unexpressive as usual, I was speechless. I didn't know how to comfort her. Whatever it is, may the peace of the Lord guard your hearts. *Hugs*
.
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
-Psalm 23-
.
Do pray with us for protection and the peace of mind.

10 comments:

Josephine said...

oh dear... i'm so sorry to hear about this unforseen incident.. i hope your friend is alrite.. be strong you guys.. God be with you =)

Josephine said...

btw, im glad none of you were harmed.. do take care please

Terror From The Deep said...

Sorry to hear about the break-in but still glad that all are safe and no1 is hurt...

Kiwi-Bird said...

Oh feel so sad about it. But thank god you all were alright. Hope the sense of insecurity will disappear soon.

Ching Mun said...

Thanks everyone for your concerns :)

Anonymous said...

Better change all the locks & keys. Maybe add some more locks to the room doors. Thank god everybody is safe.

Yuen said...

Gosh....I didn't know. So sorry to hear about your harrowing experience. =( I'm glad you are all fine though. Do take care...

Anonymous said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Sense of insecurity is something horrible. Hope it wont last long.

Pauline Pan said...

Glad that you are the one that have peace from Him...be a testi to them.

Stay strong yea !