Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kinabalu Park, Water fall, Poring's hotspring

Yes we've been to the above three places last Saturday. Rented a car to drive up hill for about 2+ hours before we reached Kinabalu Park. The scenery along the journey was fantastic! I couldn't able to stop by every now and then and thus some of the serenities can only be captured by memory. Standing there in awe of the beautiful creations, I couldn't stop praising the creator. If only I was free to scream and sing, tossing on the grass dancing... Thank You Lord for everything.

Our next destination...

Mount KK, we're coming!
.
The Kinabalu Park is too big to walk about. We visited many species of plants, enjoying the fresh air and cooling weather. There are a few jungle trekking trails where we didn't have sufficient time to try out.

My favourite little yellow flower.The canopy walk.

Settled our lunch near the Poring's hotspring. Water fall is 45 minutes trek from the entrance of the hotspring.

The bulliers...

The possers in deep thought.

The hotspring is very different from what I had in mind. It is a man made one with a lot of bath tubs where you get to use one to fill up with hot water. Kind of disappointing though. I personally didn't enjoy the hotspring much as I thought it was a little unhygienic and the water current was to slow to fill up the whole tub. The changing room stinked badly without proper facilities too.

Driving down hill while the sun was setting. Couldn't keep my eyes away from the sky and mountain till the sun was fully set. It was getting darker and foggier along the way down and to make the condition worst, it drizzled half way that I had to strain my eyes throughout the narrow and winding roads.

Everyone was exhausted that night. The night was made merrier with bright shining stars and a clear half moon after the rain. Thank God for the safe and pleasant journey. I indeed enjoyed the sceneries along the way more than the water fall and hotspring themselves.

8 comments:

lhf said...

wow awesome pics

Anonymous said...

You could actually drive up to Kinabalu Park? I know little about the Park :-)

Ching Mun said...

Chee Koon: Yes, Kinabalu Park is the base of Mount KK. The road up hill is quite similar to Genting Highland.

LHF: Thanks. By the way, LHF = Lim Hai Fon? Welcome here :)

Anonymous said...

hey girl....saw ur blog thru pauline!!! heheh

nice meeting you in church and cell group!!!

Hope to see u more n talk more k?

From the photos, i can see you are having lots of fun o.... heheheh

;)

Take care!!

Ching Mun said...

Hey chearie aka Charissa (I just found out ^-^). Glad meeting you too.

Yes having fun here in Sabah. Guess will miss here and the group a lot when I get back. Anyway, thanks for dropping by and take care too :)

Pauline Pan said...

of course la...specially those trip with me...wakakakaka....

she is having lots of fun...really true de....hahahaa

Ching Mun said...

Yaya trips with you were fun! Having fun for few more days before reality slits in.

Pauline Pan said...

ya ya...let's have fun for 2 more days ~