Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ipoh trip

Date: 27th – 28th August 2008

Description: As a continuation from the Cameron Highlands’ trip, we spent another night in Taman Cempaka, my uncle’s place.

Places we visited:
1) Gua Tempurung (Journey not completed!)2) Kellie’s castle3) Market, Taman CempakaMy hometown is situated in Sungai Siput, which is only a 30 minutes drive from Ipoh. I went back home twice yearly but to really tour around Ipoh, it was my first time.

Thanks to my aunty, who kindly borrowed me a car and showed us around for nice food. I, with my extremely bad direction sense as usual of course got lost for a while but with the motto of “We will reach eventually!”, yeah, we did!

A day trip was too little to visit the whole Ipoh I realized, so we bypassed a few places such as Japanese Garden, fruits and pamelo farms, biscuit (heong piah) making factory, tin processing factory and so on.

Due to my inexperience, we managed to visit only a quarter of Gua Tempurung! *Disappointing*

The journey through Gua Tempurung was divided into four whereby the first two are dry parts while the third and forth are wet parts. One who intends to go through all has to be prepared with extra clothes and some water proof bags. We did not at all. The whole journey took approximately 4 hours so the last call for all four parts challengers is 11am. We happily and slowly took our lunch and reach the cave only at 2pm.

Okay, so left the 2 dry parts for us. For a group to proceed from first to second part, it needs a minimum number of 4 persons. I caught 2 other tourists, they were in rush and rejected my invitation to go through the second part. So frustrated!

Never mind… Gua Tempurung, I’ll definitely be back again!

Thinking of the most memorable incident during the trip, it was actually as simple as being able to cycle to the market in the morning. Couldn’t describe how relaxing I felt looking at some other housewife cyclists with a basket full of vegetables, and observing some grannies doing taichi in a group. People are so friendly that I even found pleasure in greeting strangers “Good morning”.

I was cycling pass a group of aunties and one even told me:

"Girl, be careful cycling…"
(Erm…Not that I was doing some dangerous stuns or something.)

I like the atmosphere. Peaceful, restful and relaxing. To be able to catch up and spend time with my uncle and family was great! Thank God for a wonderful trip.

And here, loads of my face again...

4 comments:

Kiwi-Bird said...

Eh, can see that u enjoy the trip =)

Disappointment means you will have a greater time in Gua Tempurung next time.

All the while I thought you are from selayang? Sg Siput is your or your parents hometown??

Ching Mun said...

Ya greater time! Very positive thinking huh :p

I am KL borned and KL grown, been staying in Selayang for the past 14 years but both parents from Perak. So I'll go back to Sg. Siput only during CNY and all souls.

Anonymous said...

Nice trip! Down worry bout not going for the underwater trip in the cave - i've been to Gua Tempurung before for that underwater trail - the water is brown full of bat sh*t, just glad didn get leptospirosis or sth like that...

anyway if u wanna see nice stalagtites stalagmites come Gua Mulu Sarawak...at least 1000000 times better than Tempurung...haha.

Ching Mun said...

Ya I heard! I've never been to Sarawak, yet! Looking forward :)