Saturday, October 20, 2007

Memorable events

The 1 week Raya break has finally come to an end in a blink of eye. It has been interesting even from the very first day of balik kampung...

Incident #1
I was happily embarking the journey of coming back home right after my case presentation on Friday afternoon. With excitement to SMS and call while I was driving, I took a turning earlier than what I was supposed to into a Seremban-JB highway instead of Seremban-KL. After an hour of slow drive (sis warned me of speed trap), I started to wonder why had I not reached yet. As a result of seldom coming back home, if at all I took train, my curiosity rose only when the road was getting strange and I finally decided to turn back at an exit called Jasin. There went my RM11+ for toll *How blur...* I sped like nobody's bussiness on the way back ignoring whatever speed trap that came my way! The whole journey took me 3+hours that I missed my lunch date. Plus the amount of money I'd spent on toll and petrol, so hope that I wasn't caught by any speed trap!
.
The moral of the story:
1) Don't SMS or talk on phone while you're driving. Concentrate!
2) Go back home often!

Event #2
I had a half day trip to an agricultural park in Bkt Cahaya, Shah Alam on 17/10/07 (Wed) with my church friends. It was a park that encompasses a mini zoo, botanic garden and a mini Titiwangsa park I would say. We didn't manage to cover the whole park after 5 hours walk followed by lethargy and hunger pangs. To my astonishment, there was a place called Taman Iklim Sederhana where they decorate contingent on season. It was autumn during my visit and the season changes 3 monthly. I thought it was cool where we got to experience the 4 seasons by just getting into the big fridge with minimal entry fee. Thanks to David and family for making this trip eventful!

The scenery of artificial autumn captured by a pro photographer*wink*. Thank God that we were the only guests there otherwise the photo would be captured with plenty of heads.


Event #3
On the same day itself, my hardly get together family had a birthday celebration for my 18-year-old brother in an eat-all-you-can buffet steamboat restaurant located in Sunway. We spent 3 hours there, ate, digested, and ate again! It was a nice eating place but for fellowship wise, it was a tad noisy. The fun part of it was, everybody ran and grabbed the chicken wings! The roasted chicken wings coated with BBQ sauce was nice apparently and it was served every 15-20 minutes. As soon as it was ready to be released from the kitchen, ones must start running with plates in hand to the front line. We didn't manage to get any during the first few times but we picked up the tactic gradually. A few fast running 'warriors' were sent out at once and all of them managed to grab a full plate of wings. Wuahaha... To survive, one must be fast and aggressive!
.
Incident #4
Went for dinner at Manhattan Fish Market, Mid Valley with friend on Thursday night. My friend forgot to off the car headlight. As we were enjoying eating fish, the car battery was running dry for 1+ hours. Predictably, she was unable to start the car engine. I was looking around for help to jump start the engine knowing she had a connecting cable at her car boot. I thought it was easy since there were thousands of cars in the car park but I succeeded to get one only at third attempt. Many didn't want to get themselves in troubles as the grace period given to leave the car park is only 20 minutes. However, the jump starting failed as the cable burnt and broken after connecting to the kind hearted person's car. Our only hope seemed to sink like a titanic ship. After giving thanks to the person, me and my friend paused and stared at each other for minutes. We finally decided to carry the battery back by cab to recharge. Luckily my friend's car had all the tools we need to remove the battery. Things didn't turn up to be that bad. That night onwards, I could feel my hands were getting longer in apparent length after a long walk with the ~10kg battery. Good work out huh!

The moral of the story:
1) Please... please remember to turn off head light!
2) Be helpful la

Started packing for tomorrow journey back to Seremban. I'm coming back to orthopaedics! Aikkss, haven't studied! Monday 2 seminars! Next week presentation... Haven't started powerpoint!! Oh well, I will do it as soon as I get back to Seremban! Please study hard.

No comments: