Sunday, February 7, 2010

Working and I

This post supposed to be posted earlier. Hectic work has slowly displace the time for myself. I am basically a slave to the hospital now. Bound approximately 100 hours per week for all 7 days. No rest, no play.

I'm sure this question has definitely crossed all housemen's mind:

"Why am I stucked here?"

I am of no exception.

Time flies. I'm in my forth month of training in Sarawak General Hospital. Another 3 more weeks before it comes to an end of Paediatrics posting and I will proceed to Obstetric & Gynaecology next if everything is smooth sailing.

Working life is tough. I totally agree with what people used to say that houseman is the lowest form of life in hospital, it probably applies more to us as first posters. I feel burnt out at times. Depressed when efforts are depreciated, when scoldings are unreasonable or when our right is violated.

Yes I noticed that. I am so full of grumbles instead of praise. Above all, what is training all about if it is only a bed of roses? Perseverance is the key, even since 6 years ago when I started to step feet in medical field. I was reminded again when the worship song crossed my mind...

Hidupku, hanyalah untukMu.
Segenap hatiku kagumkan kebaikanMu.
Nafasku, menceritakan kasihMu.
Ajarku berdiam dekat di hatiMu.

O Lord give me a learning heart and perseverance.

---

Last but not least, hello from all of us from Kuching!

1 comment:

earl said...

oh my gooooodnessssss i miss all ofu man.. i miss imu
say hi for me..
they sure miss me too * i saw from far ernest making some wth face*.