Thursday, February 14, 2008

CNY isn't CNY

Chinese New Year is approaching the end and yes, I don’t feel like I’m one of those celebrating. Again, I have major exam falls on Chinese New Year after A-levels. It is more torturing now than last time as it drags throughout the whole CNY compared to only the first 2 days were involved 4 years ago.

No Chinese New Year shopping for me this year, had to leave my family on the second day of CNY and back to my study place. I was being left out for yee sang, for more cookies and ang pows *sob*. It was a bad time to be home alone staring at books while you could hear lion dance and fire crackles everywhere. But at least I had a few pop-pops before I came back, a good reunion dinner, plenty of encouragements and wishes. My lovely sister also kindly gave a few new blouses to me. Things were not that bad after all. Only if I can pass exams, it worth all effort and sacrifice! So hope that the next major exam will not fall again on CNY, which is very likely…

Well, for this new year, I got myself new specs. I'm pretty much depending on it now. The logo at the side reminds me of my favourite character, Bumblebee in Transformers.

Alike? Yea, want to be a transformer :)

Rom 12:2 – Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Another new thing I noticed at my brother’s bedside…

And look closely…

I just couldn’t hold my laughter looking at it. Apparently he rears a real turtle together with his digimon turtles but it was brought over to my aunty’s place. Can’t deny my 17-year-old youngest brother is still cute!

Before I forget, Happy Valentine’s Day for those who are in their lovey-dovey. And for those who haven’t found one, enjoy your singlehood!

Two papers were done, another two more to go. Persevere for few more days my friends, we can do it!

1 comment:

Ernest said...

happy valentines to you