Sunday, November 11, 2007

Badminton and I

I enjoy playing badminton, but to play for competition is no fun!
.
It's my uni sport's week. And I received a SMS from my friend, Yu Ying 2 days ago looking for girls to make up the badminton team. I like the way he phrased:

"You know how to serve and catch the ball? If yes can join already!"

What a simple requirement, and there was I having a badminton match 3 hours ago. A real breakthrough for me!
.
I was assigned to partner with my newly-made Sem 6 friend, Vimi against 2 Sem 9 expert players for the first game. Vimi and I assured one another of how unskillful we were but promised to give it a try. I doubted that I could have fun as what I planned. And true enough, I stressed through out the whole game and lost terribly with the score of 21-4! We were seriously not their competitors at all. Anyway, I find it a strategic pair up though to ensure a better prognosis in a way :)
.
However, guys did pretty well and manage to bring us back to leading position *applause*. Many thanks to Xin Li and Peh Huey for teaching me how to serve a better ball, though it was not a right timing to learn ;p Serving ball alone is a wide skill to pick up! Thanks everyone for all your supports. It was generally a good experience. Good job friends!

4 comments:

Chee Koon said...

Enjoyment is the priority, HA

Ching Mun said...

Hmm, I did enjoy playing except for the 10 minutes of absolute tensed up match :P And it ended quite fast haha..

YY Ong LTR! said...

hehe....at least u try la... if not, we will have less one pair of girls...proud of u

Ching Mun said...

Thanks thanks, to be improved... Hope the next time joining is for playing but not making up people. Proud of you guys too. Keep it up!