Saturday, April 24, 2010

Perhaps it's time

It's day 2 post-call. Yet I was still up with some lousy sense of lethargic feeling, right sided headache and signs of impending URTI. Nonetheless, waking up after the sunrise today without alarm clock was luxurious!

Going oncall is a norm, 8 calls per month now after what DG has implemented. So on the day when you're post-call, the next day is another pre-call day. Exhaustive at times but it isn't too bad since our one day off in a week has started. What else can I grumble on?

Met 2 medical students who stayed overnight in labour ward to complete procedures. They reminded me of my old days. Go around labour ward asking for permission to conduct deliveries, gloved up and got scolded by staff nurse just like the way I did. The difference was, they addressed me doctor and introduced themselves to me with respect. I thought it was too formal and actually felt uneasy. Hey, I was at their position not too long ago!

It has been 6 months since I started working. I am half passed O&G posting. It is a field of litigation. A little mismanagement or mis-documentation can be easily a loop hole in the future. Most of the time our specialists hold high responsibilities to cover all blunters we made. It has always been a demanding field that requires big commitment.

However, I've decided to involve myself in it. Perhaps it's time. Time to subject myself back to exam stress. Time to get the study momentum back on toes. Starting with zero confidence but I will give my best!

Guide me, Lord.

No comments: