Been through 2 weeks of obstetric posting. I am supposed to study real hard. Somehow feel that my blog is calling me..
Came across with pregnancy and its beauty. Wonder how God has such creativity, making everything so perfectly compensated for two cells to merge and grow. All mechanisms take place in a woman's body to wonderfully accomodate the developement of a new life. From a heart beat, to every move, and eventually a cry and to every breath. I'm marvelled.
.
Came across with labour and its dreadfulness too. Seeing mothers suffered from excruciating pain. Long hours straining with the risks of many complications. Menstrual pain for me is unbearable. Just can't imagine how delivery pain is going to be like.
.
Encountered a shoulder dystocia during my first on call on new year day. It was the third new year baby I welcomed, by just observing. This baby's shoulders were stucked with her head jutted out from the vagina. The doctor-in-charged was applying traction and screamed for help after repeated tries. I was panic looking at the little head turned blue. Moving to the mother's side, I held her hip flexed, and gave her moral support. A staff nurse was at the other side, holding the other leg and pressed onto her abdomen.
.
"Kuat lagi! Sikit lagi..."
.
And thank God the baby was delivered after nearly a minute. Relieved. All the distress and frown on the mother's face ultimately turned to smile and rejoice with her newborn on her chest. The pain and unstitched torn perineum or vagina did not matter at the moment of time.
.
It was an adventure. Women bear so much risks and pain to deliver. But it was encouraging to see some of their husbands were by their sides, saying prayers, holding their hands and giving them support. It did make a big difference!
.
Some wonder why girls are better treated than guys many a times. Girls give birth, guys don't. Girls are generally more dedicated to the life of others and their hearts are more tender to the surrounding things. I think they deserve it, don't they?
5 comments:
A supportive husband are hard to find. Many time I encounter woman giving birth without the presence of husband; some husband did present, but are more frightened and keep silent!!
A round of applause to the brave women!!!
Agree! My mother herself gave birth 5 times without my dad by her side. Really salute to her!
"SUPPORTIVE HUSBANDS IN NEED!"
Wow! U saw shoulder dystocia.
An unforgettable experience!
And yes, I salute women!
Yea CK, it showed how calm and steady does a doctor need to be.
Neway, a potential good husband you can be. Haha...
the most important thing is u learn MC ROBERT! haha
Post a Comment